Deep tech accounts for over a quarter of the European start-up ecosystem, yet women are largely underrepresented across this industry. To address this gender gap, the European Union introduced the Women TechEU, targeting early-stage deep tech start-ups founded, or co-founded, by women holding a top management position in the company at the time of submission.
This programme is currently re-launching, more information will be available soon. The details below concern previous calls.
- Financial support to companies as individual grant of €75k, supporting the initial steps in the innovation process as well as the growth of the company.
- Mentoring and coaching provided by the EIC Business Acceleration Services (BAS), under the “Women Leadership Programme”, which includes dedicated networking and pitching events.
- The possibility to participate in dedicated activities, organised by InvestEU and Enterprise Europe Network.
To apply for Women TechEU support, applicants must meet the following:
- Be a women (Women TechEU supports women in all their diversity. The word woman equates, according to the European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency (EISMEA), to a cis woman, or a transgender woman who is legally defined as a woman).
- Be a founder or co-founder of an early-stage deep tech start-up, registered and established in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country for at least six months at the submission date.
- Hold a top management position (CEO, CTO or equivalent) in the company.
Do you need help validating your match or preparing your application?
For more detailed information and latest updates, see the official programme website.