Environmental Technology // Miljøteknologiordningen
The Environmental Technology scheme (Miljøteknologiordningen) provides grants for development and demonstration of innovative products or processes that solve an environmental problem. Environmental technology includes:
- Technologies, processes, solutions, and services that are better for the environment than those currently in use.
- Obvious solutions aimed at climate challenges, for example technology for renewable energy production or energy efficiency.
- Less obvious technology areas such as solutions for more efficient resource utilisation and transitioning to a circular economy, as well as solutions for environmental challenges in specific industries.
- Enabling technologies, when these have a direct or indirect positive environmental impact.
The environmental impact of the project must be described and quantified, comparing the solution to the best available technology/solution on the market. The project must be in line with the EU Taxonomy.
The grant will amount to a proportion of the total costs associated with the project, in accordance with the state aid rules.
Norwegian companies of all sizes and in all industries can apply. The scheme is aimed to increase the competitiveness of the company and trigger sustainable growth.
The project must:
- Significantly contribute to at least one of six environmental objectives: (1) climate change mitigation, (2) climate change adaptation, (3) sustainable use and protection of water and marine resources, (4) transition to a circular economy, (5) pollution prevention and control, and (6) protection and restoration of biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Do no significant harm in relation to any of the other environmental objectives.
Do you need help validating your match or preparing your application?
For more detailed information and latest updates, see the official programme website.